The Clerk-Recorder’s Office is currently not open to the public for any services that can be completed through the mail, however appointments are being scheduled for in person marriage licenses and ceremonies.  We are currently not accepting walk-ins.

To inquire about an appointment or to submit a question about marriage services, please send an email to

Additionally, the Clerk-Recorder grants Deputy Commissioner status to individuals to conduct a single ceremony. A $50 fee applies. For a Deputy Commissioner Packet, click here.


Order an existing marriage license
Click here to order an existing Marriage License online or by mail. 
Apply for a marriage license
Click here to apply for a marriage license online. Please note, the application online is for your convenience only.  Both applicants must come into our office to complete the process and receive your marriage license.  Should you wish to print a copy of the application and bring it with you, fill out the printable marriage license form instead of the online form.  There are two pages to the application.  Make sure you print and bring both pages with you.  For the printable application, click on Marriage License Application.

What is the difference between a Public and a Confidential License?

Public: The ceremony may take place anywhere in the State of California, at least one witness must be present to sign the license, and applicants must be unmarried and at least 18 years of age .  If a minor is obtaining a marriage license, a certified copy of the court order will be required. The marriage record is made available to the public upon formal request.

Confidential: Parties to the marriage must be living together as spouses, no witnesses are allowed to sign the marriage license, and applicants must be unmarried and at least 18 years of age.  The marriage record is only made available to the named parties on the document.

Marriage License Fees

We accept cash, credit and debit cards.  Credit and debit cards are subject to an additional service fee. Checks are not authorized for marriage licenses and wedding ceremonies. For fees related to obtaining a marriage license, as well as ceremony fees, please click on the fee link at the right side of this page.

Wedding Ceremony Information
Click here for information regarding wedding ceremonies in our office.
Holiday Weddings
Valentine’s Day, Halloween, and other holidays are popular for couples to be married, with our ceremony rooms specially decorated for the occasion.

Visit our homepage for upcoming wedding events.

Past events:
Halloween 2017

Where can I obtain a copy of my divorce certificate / decree?

The County Clerk-Recorder’s office does not handle divorce documents, judicial orders, restraining orders, case files or case records.  For online information regarding those documents please go to the website for the Superior Court