A Legal Document Assistant is a person or entity who provides, for compensation, any self help service for members of the public who are representing themselves in a legal matter.
Applicant must submit the following:
1. Complete and sign the application form found on the Forms page (Original and one copy are required to file)
2. Effective January 1, 2016, all renewals must submit an addendum (found on the Forms page) certifying that the applicant has completed 15 hours of continued education.
3. Provide supporting documentation as requested on the application
4. Original and one (1) copy of a Legal Document Assistant Bond
- An individual filing requires a $25,000 bond
- Corporate or partnership filing will require bonds based on the number of Legal Document Assistants employed
- (1-4) – $25,000
- (5-9) – $50,000
- (10 or more) – $100,000
- The Legal Document Assistant Bond must state the beginning and ending dates of the term
- The term should be for two (2) years, to coincide with the Legal Document Assistant registration term
- The bond must have an original signature and acknowledgment for the bonding company
NOTE: Continuation Certificates require the original bond or certified copy to be included with a coversheet for filing and recording.
**YOUR PICTURE WILL BE TAKEN AT THE TIME OF FILING (FOR THE ISSUANCE OF AN IDENTIFICATION CARD)**