You may fill out the application online, but you must come into our office to complete the process to purchase a license. Marriage licenses are being provided by appointment only. You must schedule an appointment to come into our office to obtain your license.
Click HERE to fill out a license application and to schedule an appointment date and time.
We are not allowing walk-ins at this time.
Apply for a marriage license here
The requirements to obtain a marriage license are as follows:
- Both parties must appear together before the clerk.
- Both parties must possess a valid government issued picture identification that includes the full legal name and date of birth.
- Applicants must be unmarried and at least 18 years of age. If a minor is obtaining a marriage license, a certified copy of the court order will be required.
- If either party has been granted marriage dissolution (divorce) within the last three (3) months, a certified copy of the final judgment is required.
- The license issued at the time of appearance is valid for 90 days.
- Blood tests are NOT required for a marriage license.
- You do NOT have to be a California resident or citizen of the United States to be married in California.
- Applicable fees – checks are NOT accepted.
- There is no waiting period to receive your license. The license will be issued to you the day you come into the office if all of the above requirements are met.
Information on the differences between a public and confidential marriage license may be found on the main marriage page.
For information and forms regarding an Affidavit of Inability to Appear or a Power of Attorney for California Military Marriages, please go to the forms page on the right hand side of the page, and click on the appropriate link.