From Highway 4:
- Take the Alhambra Avenue off ramp.
- Head north on Alhambra approximately 3 miles.
- Turn right on Escobar Street and make a quick left into the parking lot.
From Interstate 680:
- Take the Marina Vista off ramp.
- Turn left onto Marina Vista and drive for approximately 3 miles.
- We are located directly across from the train station.
There are a limited number of available parking spots in the lot in front of our building. There is also metered street parking available.
Yes, we are open during the lunch hour.
We accept cash, pre-printed checks, credit and debit cards. Credit and debit cards are subject to an additional service fee. If you intend on using a check, please make sure the address on the check is the same as your picture identification. We cannot accept crossed out information on checks. Checks should be made payable to “Clerk-Recorder”.
The County Clerk-Recorder’s Office maintains the county records for real property, vital records (birth, death and marriage) and non-judicial Clerk filings.
Recorder 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, including the noon hour.
Clerk / Copy Section 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday, including the noon hour.
County observed holidays are listed below:
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- 3rd Monday in January – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 3rd Monday in February – Presidents’ Day
- Last Monday in May – Memorial Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- 1st Monday in September – Labor Day
- November 11 – Veterans’ Day
- 4th Thursday in November – Thanksgiving Day
- 4th Friday in November – day after Thanksgiving
- December 25 – Christmas Day
Mailing address for the County Clerk-Recorder’s Office:
P.O. Box 350
Martinez, CA 94553
Street address for the County Clerk-Recorder’s Office:
555 Escobar Street
Martinez, CA 94553
Telephone Information: (925) 335-7900