A Process Server is any person who for specific compensation makes more than ten services of process within this state during a calendar year.
Applicant must submit the following:
1. “Certificate of Registration” (application found on the Forms page) in duplicate (two (2) originals)
2. Second copy of “Request for Live Scan Service” (after the live scan has been completed)
3. Original and one (1) copy of a $2,000.00 Process Server Bond
- The Process Server Bond must state the beginning and ending dates of the term
- The term should be for two (2) years, to coincide with the Process Server registration term
- The bond must have an original signature and acknowledgment for the bonding company
NOTE: If filing as a corporation or a partnership, employees must also register as an individual if they expect to serve ten (10) or more times annually and are to be compensated (Business & Professions Code 22350).
Continuation Certificates require the original bond or certified copy to be included with a coversheet for filing and recording.
If a corporation or partnership is being registered, the photo ID box will bear the county seal rather than an individual’s picture (Business & Professions Code 22355 (b)).
**YOUR PICTURE WILL BE TAKEN AT THE TIME OF FILING (FOR THE ISSUANCE OF A TEMPORARY / PERMANENT IDENTIFICATION CARD)**