A Unlawful Detainer Assistant is any person or entity who for compensation renders assistance or advice for members of the public who are representing themselves in an unlawful detainer matter.
Applicant must submit the following:
1. Complete and sign the application form found on the Forms page (Original and one copy are required to file)
2. Provide supporting documentation as requested on the application
3. Original and one (1) copy of an Unlawful Detainer Assistant Bond
- An individual filing requires a $25,000 bond
- Corporate or partnership filing will require bonds based on the number of unlawful detainer assistants employed
- (1-4) – $25,000
- (5-9) – $50,000
- (10 or more) – $100,000
- The Unlawful Detainer Assistant Bond must state the beginning and ending dates of the term
- The term should be for two (2) years, to coincide with the Unlawful Detainer Assistant registration term
- The bond must have an original signature and acknowledgment for the bonding company
NOTE: If this is a secondary filing, a certified copy of the bond is required to file.
Continuation Certificates require the original bond or certified copy to be included with a coversheet for filing and recording.
**YOUR PICTURE WILL BE TAKEN AT THE TIME OF FILING (FOR THE ISSUANCE OF AN IDENTIFICATION CARD)**